Friday 13 September 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation Review

Ok so I'm really late on the bandwagon with this one but I've been debating purchasing Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation for a loooong time! I've read countless reviews but still felt a bit underwhelmed. I finally succumbed after watching my favourite YouTuber, Sam Schuerman here wear this in almost every one of her recent videos and I was like gosh what is on her skin! This was it!  So off I went to Debenhams Oxford Street to have a gander!
When you read the description of this foundation it sounds amazing all singing all dancing!
 It all comes down to trial and error. So lets see if this really does what it says on the tin!

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation  says its a weightless ultra definition liquid makeup
its paraben free, anti-ageing,  contains skin nourishing  and anti oxidant green tea extract, It's oil free, it optically blurrs imperfections with its light reflecting technology, skin is airbrushed with a demi matte finish. It comes in 18 shades. Shades ending in  0 denotes cool undertones whilst shades ending in 5 symbolises warm undertones.
It allows buildable coverage and comes in a hygienic pump. I purchased the shade 4 which is for medium skin tones with golden/olive undertones. I basically wanted it to match my EL Doublewear shade I had on.Most cosmetic counters in department stores in the UK are reluctant to give out foundation samples which is a real shame how do they expect customers to trial run a foundation?( rant post coming soon) so anyway I had the sales assistant apply a few shades on one side of my face and 4 seemed to match perfectly to my otherside with the ELDW on. Sold!
As I made my way home on the DLR ( this is like a tram link my none UK lovelies) I whipped out my mirror to see what it looked like in broad daylight. I must say it looked pretty good close up, really smooth and airbrushed compared to my other side.

Now the true test for me is the work day! How will this hold up from when I put it on at 7am till I take it off at 9pm? How will it look after the lunchtime blot? If it stands up too all these things then it will be a winner for me! So today is the trial run!

So I used one and a half pumps on the back of my hand and applied it with my beloved beauty blender ( yes you do need this!) Then my usual collections concealer under my eyes and finished with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

Here's how it looked this morning and at the end of the day!

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation get this here
This retails at £27:00


Verdict? Check out my video below











4 comments:

  1. The foundations gives a lovely finish, might have to try it out!

    Liv xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liv! It really is a lovely foundation but I still think ELDW beats it for the staying power and coverage! xx

      Delete