Tuesday 23 July 2013

Melt Proof Make-Up

Hello lovelies! So us gals in the UK are enjoying a much needed heatwave! I don't know about you but I'm loving it! Spending my lunch breaks in the park soaking up the rays because lets face it who knows how long till the next dose of sunshine graces us! With this glorious sunshine comes make-up melt down, how do we keep our faces on all day without looking like a Sweaty Betty?

Taking my inspiration from the lovely Lisa Eldridge heat proof makeup tutorial  http://lisaeldridge.com/video/25786/summer-in-the-city-heat-proof-makeup-tutorial/

Here is what I've been doing.First I prep my skin with Rachel K CC Cream in Neutral- this works as my moisturiser, primer and sun protection. Take a long lasting foundation, I'm using Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10, apply with a damp beauty blender. Concealer under my eyes- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection. I have been loving using cream products for extra stick!so for bronzer I use Chanel Tan De Soleil with a stippling brush and then a cream blush, I adore Chantecaille Aqua blush in Enchanted - this does not budge! Lastly I finish with Mineral Veil by bareminerals as this is the lightest stetting powder on earth. A spritzing of MAC Fix + and away I go! You can always use bronzer to set you makeup instead of powder. The trick here is to use minimal products and layering to achieve a flawless face that won't melt away! This has worked wonders for me. After lunch (touch up time) I just blot with some toilet paper ( classy I know) and my face is a pristine as it was at 6am! Result!







What's your fail safe melt proof makeup? I would love to know :)




Thanks for reading BondeTeaParty x

2 comments:

  1. Note to self next splurge has to be the Chantecaille blush! :)
    :rebecca from instagram xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lot of these are products i want to try!! looks great.
    Stop by for a Mason Pearson hairbrush giveaway!

    ReplyDelete